The Big Game to be Played Under a GAF Roof
We’re all gearing up for the big game on February 1st, but besides the action on the field, we’re especially pumped that they will be playing under a GAF roof at the University of Phoenix stadium.
Here are some interesting facts about the stadium and roof:
- The 63,400-seat stadium opened in 2006 after three years of construction
- This is the second time the Big Game will be played at this stadium. The first time was in 2008 during an especially exciting game where New York came out on top.
- The roof is covered with GAF’s EverGuard® TPO 60mil roofing membrane in EverGuard 1121 Bonding Adhesive
- Under the roof, there is insulation and coverboard all mechanically attached
- The roof has a 20 gauge steel deck
- The translucent roof fabric over the stadium opens in twelve minutes and it is the first retractable roof ever built on an incline
- The TPO membrane and all parts of the roof is covered by a 20-year EverGuard® Diamond Pledge NDL Roof Guarantee
Best of luck to both teams and enjoy the game.