Q & A with Roofing Expert, Tim Botkin
Welcome to our monthly “CARE’s Q&A with Roofing Expert” series. Tim Botkin is the Commercial Maintenance Program Director at GAF. He is a great contributor to the GAF and roofing industry.
- For someone just starting in the roofing industry, what is your best tip? The best tip I would offer anyone starting out in any industry would be to “always do the right thing” no matter how much it may hurt, you will come out on top in the long run.
- What was your greatest challenge, and how did you conquer it? I’ve had several challenging projects but one that comes to mind would be a project in San Bernardino CA where we had to remove the existing roof, remove and replace the metal decking and install a new 25 year roof system over 720,000 square feet in 30 days. Having trained a great team and everyone being focused on the task at hand made for a very successful and profitable project.
- Your go-to tool is…My vehicle because it takes me to see my customers. You can always call or email but nothing works better than a face to face visit so you can stay in front of your customers.
- What do you like better, sunrises or sunsets? Sunrises because it’s the start to a great day.
- What’s on your music playlist these days? Everything from David Allen Cole “You Never Even Called Me By My Name” (The perfect CW song) to ZZ Top to Kid Rock to Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels.